Wednesday, July 20, 2011

3 more days

Flashback: Last Weekend in Madrid

The trip was fun but I felt like we could have done more. First thing we did was check out the amazing hotel! Being stuck in that small apartment finally hit home when I saw the comparison of living in luxury. I loved that hotel. The shower and beds were made for kings. And there was a dominos right across from us and a theater down the street. We saw Harry Potter in the first showing in Madrid we could get. It was better than expected. Even with the Spanish subtitles over the parcel tongue. I hadn't seen a theater like that in a while. They have assigned seatings so you are directed where to sit when you get there. Pretty old school.

I can't say Madrid was much different from Barcelona. Granted I didn't see much of it because of my awesome hotel. The streets seemed smaller and more village like. We got lost walking around but hey that's just another day in Spain. Even though Madrid is bigger than Barcelona it had a small feeling to some of its parts. I did enjoy everything being in Spanish and not Catalan.

Also, they don't have coke machines in their hotels! Shameful. I had to go down to the bar to ask for a ~$3 glass of coke.


1:10 pm Sick in class

I got sick in Madrid. I blame the air conditioning. My body was no longer used to it and now I have a runny nose and sore throat. I coughed all night and have gone through an entire roll of toilet paper blowing my nose. I want some vix vapor. These teachers mean business. It makes me realize how good I had it two weeks ago. No me gustan ellas. Only one more day of class and a final tomorrow. So close to going home and doing what I do best. Nothing :)

1 comment: